The Benefits of Fourslide Metal Stamping
Fourslide metal stamping is a unique technology used to form small and intricate parts used by a large number of industries. These parts have multiple bends from a thin piece of wire or strip of a metal, which is then fed through a spool or straightened coil. After that, the strip or wire enters a punching section to be formed into the requested part.
For intricate springs, clips, brackets, flat springs, wire forms, flat terminals and other formed or stamped metal components, fourslide metal stamping is often the preferred process. In addition to creating extremely accurate parts, this method allows for repeatable parts that overall reduces the cost of tooling and manufacturing.
While fourslide metal stamping is not the right choice for all parts, there are key advantages when it is the appropriate choice.
- Cost Savings – Not only is there a significant cost savings to the manufacturer but also customer and ultimately the end-user
- Close Tolerance Production – Compared to other method used, the rate at which high quality close tolerance parts are produced is amazing. This helps reduce costs but also allows for a much faster turnaround.
- Production Runs – Fourslide metal stamping is used to create prototypes, as well as production runs that range from a few to literally millions of parts
- Design Constraints – Another huge benefit of fourslide metal stamping is fewer design constraints on a single component. For this, the customer can provide exact design specifications to the manufacturing company or when working with Forward Metal Craft, work with a design professional.
- Expanded Services– Most fourslide metal stamping machines have a progressive die stamping section incorporated, which is used in conjunction with the forming tool. Therefore, in-die insertion can be incorporated for rivets, fasteners, screws, and electrical contacts if wanted.
- Fewer Processes – Due to way fourslide metal stamping machines work, all components of a part are completed as one process, which eliminates the need for secondary processes
Because fourslide metal stamping performed using many different materials, it is imperative to work with a trusted manufacturing company. After all, the materials will have a direct impact on the success of the process. The professionals with Forward Metal Craft can provide guidance pertaining to material according to the job but also the type of part and its functionality.
Key Benefits of Multi Slide Stamping
Through stamping, small and intricate parts are manufactured. While there are different types of stamping, one of the most popular is known as multi slide stamping. With this, sliding tools are placed into a metal blank at correct angles. From there, metal and other materials are bent around a vertical mandrel.
The area that forms the slide is equipped with cams, which are timed mechanisms that regulate movement of the slide so complex parts with multiple twists and bends can be manufactured. Because of the stamping machines used by Forward Metal Craft, precise and versatile operations are carried out. Unlike other methods, multi slide stamping eliminates the need for parts to undergo secondary processes.
Metal Stamping Types
There are several different types of metal stamping procedures to include:
- Electronic – As the name indicates, these stampings are metal electronic components
- Progressive Die – With this, several workstations are used opposed to just one. In this case, sheet metal moves sequentially as a means of completing the stamping operation.
- Short-Run – This stamping process produces anywhere from 5 to 10,000 pieces. The cost to manufacture parts is actually less than the die itself. Since this stamping method uses a number of different operations, set up time, materials, and labor are more expensive.
- Fourslide – As a specialized process, this multi slide stamping process can produce complex stamped parts from wires and strips that have multiple twists and bends. Even parts that need a bend of more than 90-degrees can be manufactured.